* Jason Segel will play David Foster Wallace in a movie co-starring Jesse Eisenberg. Sounds sort of horrifying at first. But it’s going to be based on David Lipsky’s Although of Course You End Up Becoming Yourself, which was an outstanding book. So…remain hopeful.
* The cockroach that’s invading Manhattan and is immune to the cold. And now my family will never visit again.
* Is the world ready for Real Basketball Moms of Kentucky. Probably not.
* Guess the Seinfeld quote based on a GIF. That’s an order, Private.
* Reassessing Oliver Stone’s JFK. I just watched this again for about the 40th time. I don’t believe any of the conspiracy theories in it but it’s just an amazing movie that I’ll watch 40 more times.
* The bizarre story of the guy who was faking sign language at Nelson Mandel’s memorial got stranger when the man claimed he suffered a schizophrenic episode during the service and that’s why none of his signs made sense. Oh, and the guy who was next to heads of state is an accused rapist and murderer.
* For the headline alone: Queen irritated by Buckingham Palace police nibbling on royal nuts, court told.
* This New York Times series on a homeless 11-year-old is soul crushing.
* Salon claims that straight white men don’t have any friends. No argument here.