Welcome to this week’s links.
* Jack Nicholson may or may not be retiring from acting, due to memory loss. Sad news for movie fans, but it does give him more time to watch the Lakers, your 2014 NBA champions.
* Esquire writers take their turns talking about the best and worst TV finales in history. Sopranos, The Wire, Sex and the City and an interesting defense of Seinfeld.
* A look inside the Breaking Bad writers’ room. They do a lot of meth.
* In honor of Lee Child, who I wrote about earlier this week, some old interviews with the author I just read this week. This one’s with Playboy (be warned if you’re at work). And here’s a three-parter from six years ago.
* TV has nothing for you other than a music suggestion: If you like the hip-hop, and the kids sure seem to these days, check out the new album by Soulcrate. It’s available on iTunes. Further proof that you can do big things from anywhere.