Some quick links this week:
* Interesting story in The New Yorker: Trial by Twitter. Focuses on the infamous Steubenville rape case.
* Also from The New Yorker, a little different angle on The Godfather. Was it a bad influence on cinema?
* A Grantland piece lays out precisely what the U.S. did and didn’t accomplish in winning the somewhat confusing Gold Cup tournament. Unofficially, TV agrees with pretty much all of it.
* In other soccer non-news, some MLS players bit the Super Bowl Shuffle for a tongue-in-cheek rap video to promote their annual all-star game. Word.
* The Associated Press – remember them? – has discovered that America is having a hard time getting rid of at least 10 suspected Nazi war criminals.